Re: The Effect of Ebay on Man in the Moon Marigolds

I purchse items on ebay.  Recently a logbook for the Lawrence Fire
department (1900-1908) found its way on the bidders block.  I was quite
upset and contacted our city attorney and let the local press know about
it.  The volume went above $100 and I dropped out.  The local paper (Eagle
Tribune) ran an article which was very positive.  Consequent meetings with
the fire department have given everyone a better sense of the informational
value of these documents.
Final outcome: The man who bought the log book has been interviewed.  he
will not return it to the city (library, historical society or fire
department).  It will remain in New Hampshire..
I have found a number of very useful items on ebay that have helped me
document the Merrimack Valley.
Louise Sandberg, Special Collections
Lawrence Public Library
Lawrence, MA