Real heroes

Let's forget the petty and inflammatory squabbles for now. It's time for all of us, left or right,
to unite behind the President and Congress to defend our homeland.

In that connection, we should all be thankful for the heroism of Jeremy Glick, Thomas Burnett, Mark
Bingham, and perhaps a few other passengers on UAL Flight 93. Who knows how many hundreds or
thousands of lives they saved by their valiant but tragic attempt to recapture the plane from the
hijackers? Such courage elevates the entire human race.

Sincerely,

Eric v.d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Curator of Historical Collections, Health Sciences Library
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210