-----Original Message-----
From: robert.breslawski@kodak.com [mailto:robert.breslawski@kodak.com]

This is an interesting question.
You will note that MS 44 also includes the RIT ink gamut target for color.
Bottom line, regardless of whether you are talking b&w or color, there are
two basic elements to scanning color documents.  First is the spatial
resolution and secondly is color trueness.  For quality control purposes,
the RIT chart should fill the bill.

Another question is one that has been raised by Ginny Jones already.  That
is what are people doing for quality control of wide format scanners, much
like what we have for engineering drawings, which is MS 24.  This may be a
new work item for the electronic committee C 13.

Paul Montgomery [mailto:apintl@pressenter.com] on 09/11/2001 01:21:03 PM

Bob,

Can you shed light on this inquiry from my Aussie dealer?  I've been
including a free color ink gamut chart from RIT with each of my B&W PM-189
orders.  I know Stouffer has come out with a small color density scale, but
I know of nothing else in color commercially available to the industry at
this time.  Don't B&W targets do the job?  I'm aware of our C10 plans to
develop a digital master, but suspect that too will be in B&W format.
Perhaps I should be asking Betsy?  Let me know ASP.  My guy gave a
presentation before the ASA/RMA and is getting lots of enquiries!
Importante.

Thanx, as usual!

Paul

///////

Query?

Is there a COLOUR TARGET  for scanning? This client will be using the
PM-189
on a large format document scanner specifically used for colour maps which
are scanned in 8 1/4 " strips and then stitched together electronically
back
to A0 or A1 sizes. There are a continuous number of new colour/b&w scanners
hitting the market. It is estimated that 20% of new volume scanners sold in
Australia incorporate colour. It was a constant question I received at the
Conference. I did not have an answer to provide.

I have obtained a copy of the ANSI/AIIM MS44-1988 Standard. The information
is still current in most parts but I would have expected an update by now.
13 years since it was published in 1988.

Details are available for the DeSkan Express online at
http://www.abakos.com.au/fnew.htm

/////////

Paul Montgomery                         EIN 41-1436456
A&P International                       Phone: 715-262-5788
577 Locust Street                       Fax: 715-262-3823
Prescott, WI 54021                      http://www.pressenter.com/~apintl