Job Posting

Librarian I / Special Collections Librarian

The State Library of Massachusetts is looking for a Librarian I/ Special
Collections Librarian.

Duties include: providing reference service at the public service desk
in Special Collections; performing archival appraisal, arrangement, and
description of manuscript collections; cataloging material in a variety
of formats; assisting in answering reference correspondence; providing
tours of Special Collections; developing library exhibits; and
supervising interns.

An ALA-accredited MLS with coursework or experience in archival
management required.

Salary range: $573.61 to $781.61 per week in 12 steps

Please send a cover letter and resume to: Florence MacQuarrie, Central
Business Office, Room 1602, One Ashburton Place, Boston MA 02108. The
position will be open until filled. Review begins October 5, 2001.

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. Minority and women applicants encouraged to apply.