Double box shelving

I inherited this system using standard "industrial strength" shelving and think
it beats putting Hollingers on compact shelves.  You can use either letter or
legal boxes, as needed, with little "hang over."  We also try to have odd
numbers visible, but don't waste space over that issue.  And even more
shocking, we place large flat boxes two or three deep on the bottom shelves
as needed and somewhat out of number sequence.  Seems like an
economical use of $ and space to me!

(Mrs.)Johanna Herring, Archivist
Robert T. Ramsay, Jr. Archival Center
Lilly Library