Student Poster Session 2002

Fellow Archives Students,

I?m the President of the SAA-University of Texas at
Austin Student Chapter and a committee member of the
SAA 2002 Student Poster Session. In an effort to give
all archives students time to consider participating
in next year?s poster session, and to think about what
they would like to contribute, I?d like to briefly
introduce the topic to this listserv.

This was the first year of the Student Poster Session
at the annual SAA conference. Individuals and groups
of students from several archival programs submitted
posters which addressed archival issues of interest to
them, and which were displayed during the conference.
Along with investigating these topics, the primary
benefit to these students was the exposure they
received during an event attended by a large group of
professionals interested in the next generation of
archivists.

Therefore, I?d like to encourage both individual
students and chapters to begin thinking about ideas
for posters for the 2002 conference in Birmingham,
Alabama. We will send out the official call for
posters on Dec. 1, with a Feb. 14 proposal deadline
(note, the poster itself is NOT due at that point).
With this early notice we hope that more students will
be able to participate than in 2001.

We are working on guidelines for creating the posters,
and eventually we will put samples online from this
year?s session. We also will have a discussion board
where the students can post their questions.

Please feel free to contact me, or any of the other
members of the poster committee, with any questions
you have about the event.

Marisol Ramos-Lum: guariche@ucla.edu
Danielle DuMerer: dumerer@wam.umd.edu
Amity Smetzler: amityd@earthlink.net