digital project proposal for SAA

Hi, everyone.  I, too, would like to make a proposal for the 2002 SAA
meeting, and am scouting around for others to join me in the presentation.
The topic is digital projects using images related to transportation, and
how to our users find and use the images and how they apply it to their
research.

I am currently working on a digital project of steam and electric
locomotives, but am looking for archivists who have constructed projects
that deal with other transportation collections -- aircraft, automobiles,
bicycles, whatever.  I'd be happy to make it an "all choo-choo"
presentation, if there are enough archivists out there who deal with
railroad collections, and who have digital collections up or in progress.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss a
proposal and be a part of this presentation.

Laura Smith

Laura Katz Smith, CA
Curator for Business, Railroad and Labor Collections
Thomas J. Dodd Research Center
University of Connecticut
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs, CT  06269-1205