No Moderator

Greetings:

I support Danna Bell-Russel's position and reject the suggestion that this
List needs a moderator.  I can add little to Danna's well though out and
articulate response, but I believe it is fair to say that this List, for
the most part, has done a very good job in moderating itself.  The vast
majority of List participants have made contributions relevant to topics of
interest to archivists.  The last thing we need to do is open the door to
control and conformity of opinion. I believe that would be a
disaster.  Should one encounter a contribution a bit "off track" and
offensive in someway, one should simply exercise his/her free will and hit
the delete button.  Or, better yet, one should subscribe to the List in
digest form.

Archivists are human beings like everyone else, and as such we make
mistakes.  I know, I did when I submitted my initial reactions and thoughts
to the 9/11 disaster.  Yes, we are professionals, but I also think we need
to cut each other some slack and recognize we are a community of many
different view points and perspectives that should be allowed expression
even on this God Almighty and earth-shattering List.

Best,
Marcus

_________________________________
Marcus C. Robyns, CA            To be and not do is not to be at all
Assistant Professor / University Archivist
Northern Michigan University                    mrobyns@nmu.edu
1401 Presque Isle                                       (906) 227-1225
Marquette, MI 49855                             (906) 227-1333 (fax)

First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.---Gandhi

Visit the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives at:
http://www.nmu.edu/archives/archives.htm