Re: A modest proposal

Title: RE: A modest proposal

Thanks, Dana, for an elegant statement and suggestion.

        {{ SNIP! }}

But, gosh, doesn't that entail engaging some thoughtful reflection and checking the ego at the keyboard <G>?

The Web4Lib list is moderated (Boy, is it ever!) and I got just got my hand slapped for mistakenly sending a (forbidden) "TEST" message (we've been experiencing, uh, "network problems", yeah, that's the polite way to describe it!) to that list. Given the individuals (note the plural) who moderate the list, there is a very free and open discussion with nowhere near the noise that we get on this list Their moderators are very effective at politely keeping things on track without being heavy-handed.

Dennis Moser, MILS
Project Director, IMLS National Leadership Grant
Digital Imaging Faculty
Lee College
P.O. Box 818, Baytown, TX 77522-0818
(281)425-6819/(281)425-6557 (fax)