Glass slides

Title: Glass slides

Last week I posted a question to the list regarding the storage of glass slides. I would like to thank all who responded. I have been asked to post a summary to the list and would like to take this opportunity to give an example of the value of this list.

Most respondents suggested that I try lantern slide enclosures and suggested the regular suppliers. I didn't have a current Conservation Resources catalog but can say that none of the other regular suppliers had the appropriate size, our slides are small even and University Products' 3 5/16 x 3 5/16" four-flap enclosures, discontinued, were a little big. The other suppliers' four-flap enclosures were larger than University Products and much too large for our purposes.

I did, however, receive a response from an archivist in New York who had a supply of the discontinued size we needed and was willing to part with enough for us to finish our project.

That's what I thought this list was all about--putting us in touch with others in our profession to solve problems, ask questions and get answers.

Deborah Kennedy
King County Archivist
King County Archives and Records Management
1215 E Fir Street,   Seattle, WA 98122
phone: 206/205-1396, fax: 206/205-1399