Free AIIM Standards to help Manage Disaster Prevention & Recovery

The following is being sent on behalf of John Mancini, President, AIIM
International:
AIIM International joins with the rest of the world in expressing our
concern for all those affected by the events of September 11. Members of the
AIIM family have been touched, and we will continue to hold these members in
our thoughts.
In at a time when there is a lot of attention focused on disaster recovery,
it struck us there might be some small way for us to be of assistance to our
members. AIIM would like to extend to you at no charge access to the
materials that we have related to disaster recovery and preparedness.
Beginning today through Friday, October 5th, AIIM will offer free of charge
any of the following Standards:
· MS23-1998, Practice - Production, Inspection, and Quality Assurance of
First-Generation, Silver Microforms of Documents
· MS43-1998, Recommended Practice for Operational Procedures - Inspection
and Quality Control of Duplicate Microforms of Documents and From COM
· TR13-1998, Preservation of Microforms in an Active Environment - Guideline
· MS45-1990, Recommended Practice for Inspection of Stored Silver-Gelatin
Microforms for Evidence of Deterioration
· MS48-1999, Recommended Practice for Microfilming Public Records on Silver
Halide Film
· TR25-1995, The Use of Optical Disks for Public Records
· MS52-1991, Recommended Practice for the Requirements and Characteristics
of Original Documents Intended for Optical Scanning
· MS66-1999, Metadata for Interchange of Files on Sequential Storage Media
Between File Storage Management Systems (FSMSs)
· TR31-1992 (R1999), Performance Guidelines for Legal Acceptance Records.
Part 1, Evidence
· TR31/2-1993 (R1999), Performance Guidelines for Legal Acceptance Records.
Part 2, Acceptance by Government Agencies
· TR31/3-1994 (R1999), Performance Guidelines for Legal Acceptance Records.
Part 3, Implementation
· TR31/4-1994 (R1999), Performance Guidelines for Legal Acceptance Records.
Part 4, Model Act and Rule
It is our hope that these Standards may in some small way assist in these
difficult times. To obtain any of the Standards, please go to
www.aiim.org/recovery <http://www.aiim.org/recovery>. We appreciate your
support of AIIM and for the many words of inspiration received by members
worldwide.
AIIM stands united with our Nation's leadership, the survivors, and all of
those touched by the horrible tragedy.
Sincerely,
John Mancini
President
AIIM International

Betsy A. Fanning
Director, Standards
AIIM International
1100 Wayne Avenue, Suite 1100, Silver Spring, MD 20910
301-755-2682  (voice)     240-494-2682 (fax)
301-587-2711 (fax)
703-655-5442 (mobile)
bfanning@aiim.org

The Enterprise Content Management Association
http://www.aiim.org