From: Eric v.d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S. [mailto:lufte@MAIL.UPSTATE.EDU]
Sent: 04 October, 2001 9:33 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: friday funnies early

> When I was teaching in the late eighties a student of mine rushed up
> to me all excited: he had just discovered a "new" rock group: The
> Doors..!!! Roberta Ransley-Matteau

That reminds me of my most embarrassing moment EVER! When I was a sophomore
at Bowdoin, I took an
independent study course on Alexander Pope from a senior member of the
English Department. At our
first meeting, the professor asked me to do some background research on the
period. This I did, in
the library, with great enthusiasm, and I discovered some excellent context
in which to learn about
Pope. At our second meeting, brimming with this new knowledge, I gushed,
"Have you ever heard of
Boswell?"

Cheers!

Eric

--

Eric v.d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Curator of Historical Collections, Health Sciences Library