From: Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer [mailto:c_crawfo@CULINARY.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 10:12 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Friday Funnies - early

I had a horrible thought while reading the Friday Funnies this morning, that
there may be some younger members on the list who are totally bewildered by
them. "A rotary what??"

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> "STEVEN P. FISHER" <sfisher@DU.EDU> 10/04/01 10:35AM >>>
we would need a needle to go with it. We
flagged down the nearest employee, who was perhaps all of eighteen. He had
no idea what we were talking about. "A needle - what's a needle?" He went
and got an "older" employee who was maybe thirty but luckily knew what
it was we needed.