Re: Friday Funnies - early

Sorry, this one is not funny, just heart-warming.  My children had never heard of an iron lung.  Which reminds me of the most moving moment I've seen on television.  In the late 1960s or early 1970s Jonas Salk was on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (how many of the younger generation remember him), and recounted that he and his granddaughter were watching an old movie on television in which a character contracted polio.  His granddaughter looked up at him and asked:
"Grandpa, what's polio?"

Scott Cline, City Archivist
Seattle Municipal Archives
600 Fourth Avenue, Room 104