Re: Helen Keller archives, status after 9/11/01?

The American Foundation for the Blind, which is located well away from the World Trade Center site, holds the Helen Keller Papers and related collections of photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia.  The foundation's Web site provides information about the collections and digitized reproductions of a substantial amount of material:

http://www.afb.org/info_documents.asp?collectionid=1

To the best of my knowledge (and I could be wrong), the archives of Helen Keller International consisted chiefly of the records of the organization itself.  Sadly, it seems that these records were indeed lost on 11 September.

Bonita L. Weddle
Archival Services
New York State Archives
9C71 Cultural Education Center