Re: Pesticides and Spraying in an Archives.

In a message dated 10/15/2001 12:01:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rdishon@LAGCC.CUNY.EDU writes:

The college recently was sprayed by the exterminators however i ask them not to spray in the archives office area and definately would not allow them to spray in the storage rooms.  But now we seem to have become a "safe haven" for the surviving roaches.

Is there any pesticide (beyone Combat, which we have purchased and placed where the roaches have been sited the most) that can be safely used in an Archivial setting?

Spraying will get rid of the adult and juvenile cockroaches, what it does not have an effect upon are the eggs that have not hatched. Freshly hatched roaches are about the size of a pin-head. once you spot those you need to call in the pesticide folks again. Work with the pesticide firm and explain your concerns. unfortunately the lack of spraying in the archives has created a haven for them.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va
pakurilecz@aol.com