Astatic Corp.

Dear ListServ:
I got this request from someone recently. Does this ring a bell with anyone.
If so could you send the information to me and I will send it on. Thanks.

    Astatic started in Youngstown, OH during the late 20's or early 30's.
Creed Chorpenning was the best known of three principles.  They moved just
before World War II to Conneaut, OH where they've been until their recent
obscurity or demise.  A spinoff company appears to be CAD (Conneaut Audio
Devices), making very high quality, high end microphones.
    During their hey day Astatic made microphones, TV converters, phonograph
cartridges and styli among other things.  They are most famous for amateur
microphones.  The most famous of those and the easiest to find is the D-104
"lollipop".
   Almost forgot.  Chorpenning was an early partner with Warren Williamson
in WKBN.