questions

I am a graduate student at Auburn University, and would like to pose the following questions to the group. I am researching at what point did archives begin acquiring collections deemed "women's collections" and what prompted the change. If you would respond off list to charlenehines@hotmail.com, I would appreciate any assistance.
1. At what point (year) did your agency begin actively seeking collections concerned with women (i.e: manucsript collections generated by women or by thier organizations)
2. How would you classify your agency; governmental, institutional (education) or historical society based?
3. What prompted your agency to begin collecting the above mentioned collections?
Charlene Morse Hines

Charlene
lmapledrive@msn.com
Go Auburn