Re: 48 star flags

For an exhibit we are working on, I had to locate the 1795 15-star,
15-stripe flag, which I finally located at

A.A.A. American Flag Decorating Co., Inc.
40 West 37th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10018-7407
Tel: (212) 279-3524
Fax: (212) 695-8392

I would imagine they have 48 star flags; it's at least worth a try.  Good
luck.

Joseph M. Komljenovich
Assistant Archivist
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Tel: (212) 720-8906
Fax: (212) 720-1749
joseph.komljenovich@ny.frb.org

Any comments or statements made in this transmission reflect the views of
the sender and are not necessarily the views of the Federal Reserve Bank of
New York.

                    Christine
                    Crawford-Oppenheimer       To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
                    <c_crawfo@CULINARY.E       cc:
                    DU>                        Subject:     48 star flags
                    Sent by: Archives &
                    Archivists
                    <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.M
                    UOHIO.EDU>

                    10/16/2001 11:42 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Christine
                    Crawford-Oppenheimer

Does anyone know of a source where I could purchase a few small 48
star flags (e.g., 4 x 6 inches).

I'm doing an exhibit with a WW II theme, and would like to have one
or more US flags in it, but of course, need contemporary flags.

Thanks for any help.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America