Re: Preservation negatives

Cynthia

I, too, think there will be a few independent photographers out there doing
darkroom work. The problem will be finding them.  When I was working at a
different archives several years ago, our photographer was
independent--operated out of his apartment.  Not only was he artistically
talented, but he was quite interested in preservation concerns.  One of the
problems, which has been alluded to, is not just the photographers and large
corporate labs, but also suppliers.  I'd be curious to find out if film
manufacturers have touched on this subject at all.  (Kodak, I believe, has
been vocal in the moving image archives debates over film versus magnetic
tape/digital production)

Erika Gorder
Rutgers University Archives