Re: Certification Discussion

The University of Michigan offers a Master of Science in Information degree.
The program is structured so that students can focus of one of four areas:
Human Computer Interaction; Information Economics Management and Policy;
Library and Information Services; and Archives and Records Management.
Students are also able to custom design their program and receive a
"Tailored" degree.  If requested, the diploma will indicate in which area
the student specialized.  I am not so sure, then, if you can accurately
state that there are no degrees granted in Archival Studies in the USA.  In
addition to working at the University of Michigan, I am in the process of
finishing up the MSI degree requirements at Michigan, focusing on Archives
and Records Management, and would hate to think that my credentials will not
be recognized.

regards,
Nan

--