Re: Donation return requet

Got Documentation?

Paraphrasing the milk commercials may be a bit silly, but it's Thursday & I
didn't get enough sleep last night.  Anyway, check through your files & see
if you have a deed of gift or some record of the donation.  I don't
recommend being strictly legal about it unless you have to - no reason to
start a fight.  You should, however, have as much support for your position
as possible, in the event the daughter makes a stink.

I don't know what the true legal position is, but I imagine that without a
significant indication that the mother wanted the book returned to her
family, 30 years is long enough to say it's yours.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu