Lunch & Learn Lectures

Tuesday November 6:  Where are we going?

Director David W. Carmicheal will discuss the direction and initiatives he plans for the State Archives of Georgia.

The speaker will explore the challenges and opportunities the State Archives of Georgia faces as it enters the 21st century, discuss the changes that have already taken place, and explain how the Archives plans to create effective and cost-efficient ways to serve the public. Innovations in services, such as an enhanced web site for remote access, are currently being developed.

Tuesday, December 4:  How will we get there?

State Archives Deputy Director Brenda S. Banks and NARA Regional Administrator Jim McSweeney will discuss the physical move of both the State Archives and Federal Archives to Clayton County.

These speakers will provide attendees with an overview of significant State and Federal holdings as well as with an update on design issues, program initiatives, and appropriations related to the new facilities. Please share in our excitement with respect to this "first in the nation" partnership of co-located State and Federal archival facilities.

About the Lunch and Learn Lecture Series

The monthly “Lunch and Learn” Lecture Series is designed to help the public learn more about our state’s rich history.  The series began in 1993 and features guest speakers on a variety of historical topics of interest.  The lectures, held from 12:15-1:15 p.m. in the State Archives Auditorium, are free and open to the public, so please bring your lunch and learn a little bit more about Georgia history!

Directions can be found on our web site at: http://www.sos.state.ga.us/archives/as/ggi.htm  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or call me at 404-651-6474.

Pamela W. Coleman, Public Programs Coordinator
Georgia Department of Archives and History
www.GeorgiaArchives.org