Re: setting up an archives

There is extensive information on setting up an maintaining an archives in
the The Archivist's Toolkit

<http://aabc.bc.ca/aabc/toolkit.html>

on the Archives Association of British Columbia website. There too you will
find A Manual for Small Archives online:

<http://aabc.bc.ca/aabc/msa/default.htm>.

Cheers,
Leslie

At 09:46 AM 11/07/01 -0500, Burt Altman wrote:
>I am working on a project with a colleague in our Special Collections
>Department to create a
>brief, two-page informational guide for academic departments about how to
>set up an archives.
>
>Has anyone on the list ever produced such a publication, or can you
>recommend some websites or publications that we could check out?  I've
>already looked at the basic ones - SAA, NEDCC, SOLINET, etc.  I also
>checked SAA's Guidelines for College and University Archives.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>

>Burt Altman, CA
>Pepper Librarian and Archivist
>Claude Pepper Library
>636  West Call Street
>Florida State University
>Tallahassee, FL 32306-1123
>(850) 644-9305
>Fax: (850) 644-9303
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
>                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

>     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

Leslie Field