Re: Archiving information within databases

Richard Pearce-Moses and Gunnar Berg both replied to my post on this issue yesterday.  Gunnar suggested that the IT people be charged with maintaining back-ups and Richard noting inter alia that one need to decide what the "record" is when the system is designed-one must decide which record memorializes the output of the data base.  First to Gunnar's point.  I wear two hats in my position-records manager and archivist.