Conversion from fixed shelves to moveable shelving

Greetings to all from Houston..............
I am delighted to announce that the Hospitality Industry Archives at the
Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, University of
Houston has been awarded a good sized "grant" from the University's Provost
for the purpose of upgrading our facilities with a moveable shelving system.
This is really a 'big deal' as the University has never contributed funds to
our College for capitol improvements!  Archival colleagues in the Houston
Area Archivists know that I have been very desperate for moveable shelves
since 1993.  Finally, I get to move forward.

    So, first thing I will do next week is to hire an engineer to verify the
floor's weight-load factors.  The original plans for the archives included
moveable shelves.  However, they were not installed at the time of
construction due to financial shortages-- so I was told back in 1989.
Hopefully, the flooring was engineered to hold the weight.

    Next is to get the usual, obligatory three bids.  My question is the
following:  (1) Would anyone who has recently gone through the conversion,
please send me your recommendations as to systems and companies who were
most responsive to your needs.  Also, I would welcome advice concerning
suggestions, warnings or "I wish I had known  _______________.

Your responses can either be sent to me directly at CBaird@uh.edu
<mailto:CBaird@uh.edu> , or to the list.

Many thanks,  Cathleen

Cathleen Baird, M.A., Director & Archivist
Hospitality Industry Archives
229 C.N. Hilton Hotel & College St., UH
Houston, TX 77204-3028
Tel: 713.743.2470 Fax: 713.743.2581 E-mail: CBaird@uh.edu