Now available! The Boston Public Library Documents. Regional and Massachusetts Library of Last Recourse Statewide Reference and Referral Center.

        Now available! The Boston Public Library Documents.
        Scroll further down below the information on
        how to get access to read the BPL documents.

        Learn how things work!...

        What's back stage behind the scenes at our BPL Reference Desk
        Departments?...

        Our BPL's own documentation records archives on itself !
        Regional and Massachusetts Library of Last Recourse Statewide
        Reference and Referral Center.

        How to amicably read The Boston Public Library Documents.

        1. Web. Ask that access to the information in the public
           interest be made available on the web
           http://demo.bpl.org

        2. Email. Ask that the information be sent along by email.

        3. Reference Desk. Amicably ask a reference desk librarian.

           a. Amicably mention RUSA Reference and Users Services
              Association Guidelines for Behavioral Performance of
              Reference and Information Services Professionals
              http://www.ala.org/rusa/stnd_behavior.html

        Note and consider the following...

           b. Amicably indicate you would prefer to avoid, would like
              to avoid any kind of a reference desk intimidating
              threat of escalating to City Hall your interest in
              reading the document.

           c. Avoid a BPL intimidating threat of escalating to City
              Hall the Reference Desk request for information. Do not
              mention Massachusetts public records MPR immediately.

           d. Avoid a BPL intimidating threat of escalating to City
              Hall the Reference Desk request for information. Do not
              mention freedom of information FOI immediately.

           e. Amicably indicate the spirit of the mission
              http://www.bpl.org/general/trustees/mission.htm
              for our cities' public libraries to acquisition and
              accession all our municipal documents ever more
              comprehensively including our public libraries very own
              documents of themselves.

  DEMO Server-BPL's Web Development Server
  http://DEMO.bpl.org

[ Minerva graphic http://www.bpl.org/kids/mythology.htm ]
  DEMO Server: BPL's Web Development Server
  DEMO-Draft  Contact
  11/3/2001

  BPL Website Usage Statistics

  o DEMO Website
    . Draft Edition of the BPL's Website:
    . demo.bpl.org

  o Committee Information
    . Electronic Information
    . Health and Safety
    . Integrated Library System RFP Task Force
    . Internet Committee
    . Retrospective Conversion
    . System-Wide Reference Team

  o Content Developers Section
    . Web Development Resources and Tips
    . Guidelines for Developing Content for the BPL Website

  o NetLibrary -- Electronic Books

  o Boston Public Library Information
    . Human Resources Office
    . Stock Room Supply List
    . collection Development and Management Policy
    . Progress Report on Strategic Goals
    . GAN Database
    . Serials RFP
    . Draft Library Publications and Documents Procedure

  o Telephone Directory
    . Department Listing
    . Branch and Remote Locations Listing
    . Staff Listing
    . Telephone System Instructions
    . Voice Mail Instructions
    . Wireless Phone Instructions (Central Library Only)

  o DRA Handbook

  o Regional Services Office
    . Boston Regional Library System
    . Metro-Boston Library Network
    . Statewide Reference & Referral Center
       Focus Group Results

  o PC Tip of the Week

  o Training and Staff Development
    . Policies and Guidellines
    . 2001-2002 Schedule
    . Conference Reports

  DEMO Home | Draft Website-DEMO | Internet Committee | Contact
  http://demo.bpl.org

  a Boston Public Library Staff Resource
  Questions/Comments?
[ info@bpl.org ]