Fundraising

Title: Fundraising

We are about to embark on some fundraising for a number of projects and two routes we have been advised to follow, among others, are a) a fundraising letter to the Center's mailing list and b) redesigning the Center's brochure to include a section about financially assisting the Center.

The University's fundraising division has produced a letter for my approval but it reads to me more like a grant proposal than a letter to individuals on a mailing list (who include previous donors, researchers, visitors etc.)  I am not happy with this letter. I would be very interested to hear if any other archives have followed this route and if you have any samples of fundraising letters or brochures which include fundraising information I would be very interested to see them.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

Paul.

Dr Paul M Pearson.
Director and Archivist,
Thomas Merton Center,