Re: RAIN 11/13: Investigating Milton,...--and Iranian hostages, Christmas 1979

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:26:15 EST, Peter Kurilecz <PAKURILECZ@AOL.COM> wrote:

>Atlanta Journal-Constitution 11/11/01
>NETWATCHER: Once-secret government files put new spin on history
>http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/epaper/editions/sunday/personal_tech_b3ee1
09f9577d1d300b3.html

>The government continues to hide information from the public, but like any
>secret, it eventually comes out, like the 1991 PBS "Frontline" documentary
>that outlined evidence suggesting the Reagan campaign worked to delay the
>release of the Iranian hostages until he became president. It's just that
by
>the time the public finds out, often years have passed, diminishing the
>outrage factor and allowing politicians to get airports and highways named
>after them.

Can't help but find this one "thought provoking"... Did people really think
that Reagan could negotiate the hostage release in just a couple days
(actually I think it was less time... like almost immediately)?  I always
figured everyone could see it for a set-up.  The timing was, to say the
least, a bit uncanny.  Okay, staged.

I remember the crisis all too well.  I spent that Christmas holiday meeting
my fiance's family.   His father was stationed in Rhein-Main, Germany, and
since the base was on alert for the entire holiday, we were never able to
get off-base for any sightseeing.

As for the FBI files on Marilyn Monroe, Walt Disney, and major league
baseball players--I suppose it all depends on what one considers dangerous!

Holly Hodges