Re: In-house publications

Peter K. wrote:

Or invite them over for a early morning coffee and donuts
> meeting and give them a behind the scenes tour. Work with the SID - Sports
> Information Director . this is the group that sends out all sorts of stuff
> to the press.

Peter is right on here; for years I tried to crack our Athletic
department for the photo archives I knew they had, but wouldn't
give up.  Like many campuses, the Athletic Dept. is a law unto
itself.  Then one day I somehow got to know the Sports Information
Director; actually met her while swimming laps up at the pool.  We
got to talking and to shorten the story, we were able to borrow their
whole archive of photos, some thousands of images, and scan
them all; plus it gave us an inroad so that when others in the AD
were getting ready to toss a bunch of old videotapes and films,
they came to us instead.

Roy Webb, C.A.
Multimedia Archivist
Special Collections