Ultraviolet ink for identifying documents

Title: Ultraviolet ink for identifying documents

Dear Listmembers,

After the recent discovery of a rare document "missing" from the Archives, we have strengthened our security measures. But I had a thought about UV ink. Any ideas or suggestions on the use of this type of ink to identify rare documents as belonging to a repository?  I understand concerns about acidity, fading of UV and long term effects of this type of ink on old/rare documents. Any thoughts as to where I might find more information?

As always, thanks for your time and consideration,

Ken Fieth

C. Kenneth Fieth, C.A.
Metropolitan Archivist for
Nashville & Davidson County