Re: EAD summary

In addition to the resources mentioned in the previous posting,
I have to add that the EAD sites annotated of the
EAD HELP PAGES (http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/ead/) are
been intended to put implementors in contact with each other.
All of the institutions profiled have contact information so
that almost anyone working with EAD can find a kindred repository
that has worked under similar circumstances and constraints
and who is willing to share their experiences.

And to put the last comment into more current perspective -
Yes, if you want to deliver native SGML, you have to use specialized
browsers that are not widely available. However, nobody has really been
doing any work with native SGML for the past few years.
The standard process now addresses XML, and, fortunately, there
is a widely available and free product that can deliver XML: Internet Explorer.

Timothy Young
Archivist
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Yale University
New Haven, CT  06520
(203) 432-8131