Rutgers student group

Several M.L.I.S. students got together last year and
formed SOURCE, the Student Organization for Unique
and Rare Collections Everywhere. Since that time we
have been concentrating on making connections with
librarians and other professionals in the field.

I'd like to introduce ourselves to the listserv and invite
all to view our new website:

http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/~source/

SOURCE's membership is very broad. Since we are
library school students, we are essentially interested in
the topics relating to historical artifacts in libraries:
manuscripts, rare books, prints & photographs, audio &
visual materials, archives, preservation & conservation
issues, museum collections, digital libraries, and
more.

Our group has been very active organizing
behind-the-scenes tours and sponsoring talks on
campus. Our listserv, "paperpeople," currently has
nearly 90 subscribers. Please check us out - we love
suggestions and comments. We also like to receive
relevant job postings and event announcements sent to
the officers for distribution to the listserv.

We feel that it is very useful to gather the experiences of
those already in the fields we hope to get into so that
we can make our transition from student to
professional as smooth as possible.

Laura Poll
SOURCE Co-President
MLIS, expected January 2002