Website Archive development

Hello,

I'm new to the list and would like to introduce myself.  I am a Librarian
working at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland and have been
given the task of developing an archive of all the websites and URL's posted
by the Centers various agencies.  I was hoping that the members of the list
could offer some advice regarding similar projects, if any.  Our goal is not
only to archive these pages, but also to include these records in a
searchable database for reference.  Since this is a startup project, I'm
working from the ground up and also need to develop a means of acquiring
these pages as well as develop policies and procedures.  Any assistance or
guidance would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Patrick