Re: "musty"

> I tried all that and it didn't work. People still expected the Archives to
> fit their stereotypes and  were, I felt, somewhat disappointed when it
> didn't. Customer service being our number one priority around here I
lobbied
> long and hard to move us from our new facility into danker, more dimly-lit
> quarters in the basement.  Even then I felt it didn't have the proper
> atmosphere, but fortunately I was able to pick up a case of
"Must-in-a-can"
> aerosol spray very cheaply. That plus the rats has added greatly to the
> ambience and I think people really like it.

I guess I should start a new marketing campaign- come visit a "real"
archive.

I'm in the basement, one glass block window, two dehumidifiers and one air
purifyer. I do have a few stuffed rats and cats (for fun). I do wear black
alot and can play Mahler on the CD player-
I might get a display case for Bishop Delancy's  death mask - great sell for
teen-agers.

Nancy Piatkowski
archivist, Episcopal Diocese of WNY
http://buffalolore.buffalonet.org