As a city public library, we could just do what we're supposed to do. Nah, that would be too responsive, too easy!

[ Logo http://www.bpl.org/graphics/logo-home.gif ]

Boston Public Library
 Copley Square
 700 Boylston Street
 Boston Massachusetts 02116
T 617.536.5400
http://www.bpl.org

This letter is in response to your public records request of
 November 23, 2001
 [ It's a reference desk enquiry at our public library!  It didn't
   need escalating. It didn't need forwarding to City Hall !
   http://www.ala.org/rusa/stnd_behavior.html                      ]

 for "...all documents relate to upcoming hearings about the CIPA
 Children's Internet Protection Act, certification from vendors with
 regard to compliance, correspondence, etc...."

Pursuant to 950 CMR 32.06 [ Code of Massachusetts Regulations ],
 an estimate has been compiled for the cost of fulfilling your
 request.
 [ Instead of by email, sent in an envelope with metered 34 cents postage ]

 The documents contain approximately 2 pages of paper. The estimated
 cost of copying, at
 20 cents per page, is
 $.40

 Upon receipt of payment in the amount of $.40 we will compile the
 materials pursuant to your request.

Sincerely yours,
Ruth E. Kowal
Director of Operations

Cc: Susan Rice, Assistant Corporation Counsel, City of Boston
    [ mayor@ci.boston.ma.us ]

I would like to refer you to the website that follows
http://wwww.sl.universalservice.org

You may find information there of interest to you.

[ Instead of by email, sent in a second envelope with another metered
  34 cents postage.                                                   ]

"Books are just the beginning."
[ http://www.bpl.org/news/campaign.htm ]