Re: CALL FOR SESSION IDEAS: Midwest Archives Conference, Fall 200 2

Title: RE: CALL FOR SESSION IDEAS: Midwest Archives Conference, Fall 2002

Why, Peter! I'd almost suspect you of "trolling" for a response from the non-Harley motorcycle riding members of this list! Of course, Sturgis IS non-sectarian when it comes to attendance, but there are those of us who choose to ride other brands.

The oral history/popular culture aspect of this is really intriguing...I know that several of the BMW motorcycle clubs have active historians for their chapters (the Houston, TX club, for example is one of the oldest BMW motorcycle clubs around).

The Sturgis tie-in certainly offers some different perspectives, even if we don't show up in leathers!

Dennis "rides his 1996 BMW K1100RS daily and personally prefers Cordura & Gore-Tex to leather, thank you" Moser