Re: shelving

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:04:06 -0500, Kathryn L. Staley
<staleykl@APPSTATE.EDU> wrote:

>Our head librarian said compact shelves take half the floor space.  That
>sounds a tad unrealistic and I haven't found any sources that mention
>how much space compact shelving saves.  Would someone send me a general
>formula to convert the square footage used by regular shelving to the
>square footage used by compact shelving?  What are real life experiences
>of converting to compact shelving?

The following link will take you to the Spacesaver website and more
particular a webpage there with graphical views of how compact shelving
works. Explore the whole site as they also have case studies available.
There is also a page on the website that shows how much space particular
filing equipment requires.

http://www.spacesaver.com/cm/pages/product_comparisons.asp

Peter Kurilecz