All Inclusive Forms of Address (Was RE: SAA in 1937)

Peter Kurilecz wrote:

I am always amused when an organization announces that "Chairperson Jane
Jones has...." while another organization will announce that "Chairman Bob
Jones has..."

With due acknowledgment to Charles Schultz who first brought this to my
attention, I have long preferred the term "Chaircreature."

This acknowledges that human beings may not be the only sentient beings.
Consider, if you will, how appropriate it would be (should we ever be able
to communicate with dolphins and whales) for one of those highly intelligent
beasts to preside over the International Whaling Commission.

 Peace, Love, and Brother/Sisterhood

Paul R. Scott
Records Management Officer
Harris County, TX