historical source listserve

Dear Colleagues:

I am a relative new comer to the internet and often need help. Now a friend
of mind wants to know if there is a list serve like our that serves the
needs of college students, scholars, and others who need assistance in
locating original source material on such subjects  as the Civil War, Black
History, etc. I know that more  than just a few university and state
archives have individual web sites listing some or all of their material. I
know that there are lots of sources for specific topics. However is there a
list serve where an individual can post search questions such as this.

Russell P. Baker, CA
Arkansas History Commission and State Archives
One Capitol Mall
Little Rock, AR 72201
501-682-6900
russell.baker@mail.state.ar.us <mailto:russell.baker@mail.state.ar.us>