Re-gifting

Title: ARCHIVES Digest - 5 Jan 2002 to 6 Jan 2002 (#2002-7)
Michael Ravnitzky asked:
Has anyone ever deaccessioned or sold or threw away archival material and
then found that it had later been re-donated to the archives?

Not within any repository that I've worked at (that I know of).  However, I have seen records that were scheduled for destruction and on their way to the dump being commandeered by historical societies.  After all, everyone knows that if its a folio register bound in leather its historic . . . . <g>

-- Richard Pearce-Moses