Re: 25 ways this Christmas was different

Terrific sentiment, but might I humbly add a gentle reminder
that we on this list don't all celebrate Christmas?

Please hold your flames until I can duck.

Okay, I'm ready.  :)

--- Thomas Berry <tberry@HCEA.NET> wrote:
> A friend at church sent this to me. Enjoy!
>
> 25 WAYS WE'RE DIFFERENT THIS CHRISTMAS...
>
> 1. Last Christmas we were thinking about all the things we
> didn't have; this
> Christmas we are thinking about all the things we do have.
>
> 2. Last Christmas we were placing wreaths on the doors of our
> homes;  this
> Christmas we are placing wreaths on the graves of our heros.
>
> 3. Last Christmas we were letting our sons play with toy guns;
> this
> Christmas we are teaching them that guns are not toys.
>
> 4. Last Christmas we were counting our money; this Christmas
> we are counting
> our blessings.
>
> 5. Last Christmas we were lighting candles to decorate; this
> Christmas we
> are lighting candles to commemorate.
>
> 6. Last Christmas we paid lip service to the real meaning of
> the holidays;
> this Christmas we are paying homage to it.
>
> 7.Last Christmas we were digging deep into our bank accounts
> to find money
> to fly home for the holidays; this Christmas we are digging
> deep into our
> souls to find the courage to do so.
>
> 8. Last Christmas we were trying not to let annoying relatives
> get the best
> of us; this Christmas we are trying to give the best of
> ourselves to them.
>
> 9. Last Christmas we thought it was enough to celebrate the
> holidays; this
> Christmas we know we must also find ways to consecrate them.
>
> 10. Last Christmas we thought a man who could rushdown a
> football field was
> a hero; this Christmas we know a man who rushes into a burning
> building is
> the real one.
>
> 11. Last Christmas we were thinking about the madness of the
> holidays; this
> Christmas we are thinking about the meaning of them.
>
> 12. Last Christmas we were getting on one another's nerves;
> this Christmas
> we are getting on our knees.
>
> 13. Last Christmas we giving thanks for gifts from stores;
> this Christmas we
> are giving thanks for gifts from God.
>
> 14. Last Christmas we were wondering how to give our children
> all the things
> that money can buy; this Christmas we are wondering how to
> give them all the
> things money can't (peace, security).
>
> 15. Last Christmas we were thinking about all the pressure we
> are under at
> the office; this Christmas we are thinking about all the
> people who no
> longer have an office to go to.
>
> 16. Last Christmas we were singing carols; this Christmas we
> are singing
> anthems.
>
> 17. Last Christmas we were thinking how good it would feel to
> be affluent;
> [...]
<rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

=====
"My heart is moved by all I cannot save:
So much has been destroyed
I have to cast my lot with those
who, age after age, perversely, with no extraordinary
power, reconstitute the world."  -Adrienne Rich
   Cynthia Van Ness, bettybarcode@yahoo.com
   http://cynthia.is-online.net