SAA is useless

Many opponents of the CA argue that SAA needs to develop and certify
appropriate graduate programs in archival management.  Their argument seems
reasonable to me, but I don't see how it detracts from those, such as
myself, who argue for the CA.  I also don't see how their argument
precludes the need for the CA.  Why can't the two programs coexist?

I am not a member of SAA (actually, I only just ceased being a member after
many years), so I don't know if the organization is currently working on a
project to certify graduate programs.  If they're not, why not?  ACA has
been around for ten years, so what has SAA been doing other than throwing a
lavish party once a year that costs hundreds of dollars to attend.

Could it be that SAA is useless and a waste of money?  Uh, oh, here we
go........

Marcus C. Robyns, CA
Team Leader, ACA Recertification Petition Review Team
_________________________________
Marcus C. Robyns, CA            To be and not do is not to be at all
Assistant Professor / University Archivist
Vice President, NMU-AAUP
Northern Michigan University                    mrobyns@nmu.edu
1401 Presque Isle                               (906) 227-1225
Marquette, MI 49855                             (906) 227-1333 (fax)

First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.---Gandhi

Visit the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives at:
http://www.nmu.edu/archives/archives.htm