Re: CA and Jobs- and the Enron/Anderson megafiasco

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:22:22 -0600, Lesley W. Brunet
<lwbrunet@MAIL.MDANDERSON.ORG> wrote:

>Can we give this issue a rest, or at least take it off line for a while?

I agree with Lesley. I am firmly convinced that the CA designation is
Lucinda's bete noir and that all replies serve only to fuel the dying
embers. I promise to write no more about it, my opinion about certification
is well-known.

>Even though the job listing for my current, and former, positions preferred
>certification, and even though I personally have benefitted professionally
and
>financially from being certified, I personally am more interested, at this
time,
>in the whole records destruction story with Enron and Andersen.

If you are an archivist who has records management responsibilities (and
even if you don't) you should definitely be following this saga. If you want
some interesting reading you should check out Andersen's "Practice
Administration: STatement No. 760" that covers the organization, retention
and desctruction of client engagement information. Read it very carefully
and learn from it. This saga has raised the profile of records retention
work to a new level.

Lots of stories about Andersen-Enron will be posted via RAIN this weekend.

To learn more cruise on over to the recmgmt-l listserv archives where you
will find a bookmark for the Andersen policy and much more
http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html

Greg Hunter's interview on CBS MarketWatch is an excellent interview
well-worth listening to.

Peter Kurilecz CRM, CA
pakurilecz@aol.com