Cities Public Libraries Reference Desk customer service quality.

It's a Reference Desk customer service quality issue for our cities'
public libraries
http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.WebLogs.com/stories

I got on this jag after repeated dismissive insubstantial responses or
no response from our urban public library in Boston, I asked for
information about how the lib works back stage behind the scenes. If I
can understand our institutions' capacity and limitations, I can use
it more effectively with greater facility. Ensconced territorial types
at BPL have been put off and suspicious of an approach that should be
viewed as appropriate or even of merit.
http://zork.net/~dsaklad

I'm interested in how do you actually use our City of Boston Public
Library Departments ever more effectively and ever more robustly?
What happens back stage behind the scenes of our cities' public
libraries? Tour behind the scenes. Who are treasured people of our
cities' public libraries? Learn about their special interests. Learn
from library aficionados, from people working at the lib and from
their impressions, perceptions and wit.