Re: Annual Budget

Charles' intelligent post made me think of one other thing that may need
budgeting.  If your mission is to serve the public, you need some money set
aside for outreach.  That may be as grand as 4 color brochures or as
(relatively) minor as gas money to send you to make presentations away from
the institution.

One of the major outlets for outreach is, of course, the web.  You may need
to budget for web development of an archives site which you would use to
promote the archives.  That might mean hardware & software (scanner, web
development software, photo management) if you would do your own
development, or money for a consultant to put the site together for you.

There's much more, of course, but that's what I can come up with.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu