Re: Skirting the dreaded...

Dear 'State Side' colleagues,
What a joy to read all your "skirting the ..." postings.
I must admit it all sounds very familiar even down here in the deep south of
Aus.
However one of my favourite recent memories was sitting at an outdoor
restaurant on the via Veneto in Rome having dinner with an american couple
who sat at the table next to me. As always happens the subject of
occupations came up and when I said 'Archivist' he thought I said
'Activist'. From the look on his face I think he suddenly had visions of me
as this 40 something Australian terrorist!
I very quickly learned a short hand description of what I do, it's gets us
past the 'huh' and onto something more interesting such as their life as an
industrial chemist in a rubber factory!
Cheers (with apologies to all industrial chemists)
Jenny

Jenny Scott
Curator - Pictorial Collections
State Library of South Australia
Ph +61 8 8226-4783
Mob +61 0417-899-967
Scott.Jenny@slsa.sa.gov.au
http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au

"History serves best those who survive to write it".