Re: Annual Budget

Title: Annual Budget

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Meeks [mailto:randy@cityofdeadwood.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 4:53 PM
To: Nancy Iannucci
Subject: RE: Annual Budget

Hi, Nancy

I had to put together a budget for the first time last year for the City. Although I'd worked for the City and the Museum in Deadwood, I'd not had to draft a budget. It can be daunting.

I'd use the forms you received as the canvas for determining your budget, but I'd also spend some time thinking about what your mission is, your patrons, electronic media and internet access, book/magazine acquisition, salary, etc.

I don't know what kind of school you work for, but let your audience help set the spending, and don't forget to think about a long-term set of goals for your organization.

Does this help? I'm not sure, but stay in touch if you'd like. I'm still struggling with Mission Statements and Long-Term Plans myself.

I'd love to hear how it goes.

Best,
Randy

Randy Meeks
Archivist
City of Deadwood
Historic Preservation
108 Sherman Street
Deadwood, SD 57732
605-578-2082
---
"But in Amity, one man can make a difference!"