Re: Dropping Like Flies

<<Dateline Peoria --
Archivists throughout the United States are dropping like flies thanks
to an email
virus that was propagated on the Archives and Archivists Listserve. >>

Of course, part of the problem is that all of these messages aren't
going to the Archives and Archivists listserv.  If you look at the
sender's address, <SAADistributionList@archivists.org>  it appears to be
coming from an internal SAA distribution list. And, I don't think a
reply of unsubscribe is going to get you off of that distribution list.
I think it might be a good idea for somebody at SAA to shut down that
distribution list for a few days until this clears up.

While I wasn't thrilled to have to wade through 125 or so virus alert
messages and irate attempts to unsubscribe this morning, I'm growing
more irritated with peoples' unthinking responses, which has led them to
send all kinds of increasingly annoying messages to everyone on that
list.

OK, off the soapbox.  Sorry to further clutter your in-box.

Phillip Stone
Wofford College