Tracking publishers

Can anyone tell me how to determine if there is a successor company to a
publisher which is no longer in business, specifically Wilcox & Follett Co.
(Chicago, ca. 1950)?  What happens to copyright held by businesses the
cease to exist? (I want to reproduce and post on the internet an image that
appeared in one of their books.)